“When one door closes, another opens up!” I got this little message in a fortune cookie after a three hour conversation with our lead pastor. I responded jokingly by saying, “God even speaks through fortune cookies!”
I’ve modified the statement, by adding a simple word, God!
“When God closes a door, God opens another!”
This simple statement changes in its core when God is added to the equation! Here’s some principles that I would like to suggest:
1. Life is not lived by coincidence. God authors our life! He is in control!
2. God opens and closes the doors in our lives! I need to stop banging my head at closed doors!
3. Opportunities are open doors that God has opened for me! I still have to be obedient and faithful to walk through the door of oppportunity!
4. Closed doors are God’s way of guiding me out of and directing me to a new journey! I must be grateful when the door closes!
5. Blessing comes in two forms: an open door and a closed one! My perspective must change about the direction of either the open/close door!
6. Opportunity comes in two forms: an open door and a closed one! My thinking must change! I must look at life differently!
7. Why take God out of the equation? This is the greatest principle…insert God in your life!
The beginning of every journey is the realization that the journey is part of a greater adventure! My life finds its deeper meaning when I come to a place where I can insert God in my life! Paul writes it this way in Ephesians 1:
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4just as He chose us in Him before he foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him In love 5He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, 6to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. 7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8which He lavished on us.” (my italics for emphasis)
When God closes a door, God opens another!